Michigan Residents in Out-of-State Crashes

//Michigan Residents in Out-of-State Crashes

Michigan Residents in Out-of-State Crashes

By David Mittleman

What happens when a Michigan resident is involved in an automobile crash in another state, while visiting, travelling through, or on vacation? Out-of-State accidents come with special challenges for the residents, especially once they head home to Michigan and try to sort out their rights. Which state’s laws apply? Which insurance company pays my bills? If you were injured, where can your lawsuit be filed? The answers to these questions can be complicated- I cannot give a simple answer on this blog.

If you are injured in an out-of-state crash, ChurchWyble, P.C. can advise you on your rights in a …read more