Michigan Residents Shocked by Mishandling of Corpses and Unsanitary Conditions at Funeral Homes
Swanson Funeral Home in Flint, Michigan was shut down earlier this month by Michigan’s Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) after investigators found unrefrigerated bodies in the funeral home’s garage, with maggots crawling all over the garage floor and door. Some of the bodies had been in the garage for more than ninety days, and some had been in there for close to five months. The garage also had cardboard cremation containers stacked throughout, with fluids leaking from the cardboard.
The funeral home smelled …read more