Ann Arbor Medical Malpractice Lawyer
We all go to the doctor and trust our medical professionals to take care of us. Sometimes, however, something goes wrong, and the result may be devastating. When you or someone you love has suffered an injury or death because of the negligence of a medical professional, you may be entitled to compensation.
Speak to a experienced Ann Arbor medical malpractice lawyer as soon as possible to assist in resolving your situation.
At Church Wyble, we are a team of compassionate lawyers with the experience and expertise to handle even the most complicated cases.
Have You been the Victim of Medical Malpractice in the Ann Arbor area?
It is important to know that doctors, surgeons, and other medical professionals are held to a higher standard of care than non-professionals. They are expected to provide expert care while performing their services. When this does not occur, the result may be overwhelming.
Do not suffer in silence. If you have been harmed by the negligence of a doctor, surgeon, or other medical professional, seek help from a law firm that specializes in medical malpractice injury cases.
At Church Wyble, we know your rights and work hard to protect them.
If you or a family member has been harmed because of something that happened under the care of your doctor or other medical professional, you may be entitled to compensation. You may receive money for:
- Pain and Suffering
- Medical Expenses
- Costs of Rehabilitation
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
You do not need to pay for expenses that occurred because of the negligence of someone else. All of your resulting costs should be covered, including money for pain and suffering that happened as a consequence of the problem. You may also be entitled to additional funds to take care of future expenses that result from the injury.
There is much data available regarding medical malpractice and personal injury cases.
Here is some of the most relevant information.
- Medical negligence is the third leading cause of death in the United States, behind heart disease and cancer.
- Up to 440,000 patients that enter the hospital each year, suffer some type of preventable harm.
- Surgeons make up about half of the malpractice claims
- More than $3 billion was paid in 2012 for medical malpractice claims, averaging a payout every 43 minutes.
- As many as 93% of medical malpractice lawsuits are settled prior to trial.
- A recent study conducted by the prestigious Institute of Medicine discovered that as many as 1.5 million Americans suffer adverse health consequences due to pharmacy medication errors.
If you or a family member were the victims of a negligent medical situation, do not wait. Discuss your case with a qualified Ann Arbor medical malpractice lawyer. Your lawyer will be happy to answer your questions and provide guidance to help you through the claim process.
What to Do If you are a Victim of Medical Malpractice in the Ann Arbor Area
Many victims of medical negligence are unaware of how to proceed, and therefore they do not get the compensation they are entitled to for their injuries.
If you think you or a family member have been harmed due to the carelessness or inattention of a medical professional, it is important to follow a few basic procedures.
- First, continue to seek immediate medical attention if necessary for your health and safety.
- Second, talk to a Ann Arbor personal injury lawyer as soon as you can.
- Third, Keep all documentation and information relating to the situation, even if it doesn’t seem relevant at this time.
Don’t trust information to memory. Use a notebook or calendar to document everything that occurred and when it happened. This may be critical information for your lawyer. Write down the names and other information of everyone involved in the care and discussion of treatment.
Do not speak to an insurance company representative or agree to any settlement until you first consult with an attorney.