emergency signWantage, NJ–One of two physicians who failed to properly diagnose a bee sting has settled with the family of William Hensley in a medical malpractice suit brought against Dr. Harvey Beckham and Dr. Allen Retirado. A civil trial is underway against Dr. Retirado, the other emergency room physician who declined to settle with the family of William Hensley, the man who allegedly died of an allergic reaction to a bee sting he received while mowing his lawn in 2005. insect sting anaphylaxis while mowing his lawn on July 22, 2005. A neighbor discovered Hensley foaming at the mouth and unconscious on his lawn that day, and testified during the trial that she saw bees swarming around his lawnmower. However, when Hensley’s family rushed him to the emergency room that day, the physicians allegedly failed to administer the proper tests to check for an allergic reaction to a bee sting and instead diagnosed William with heat stroke. Luckily, he recovered from that incident, but a month later he was stung again on August 22, 2005, according to his wife. Sadly, he died within an hour of arriving at the hospital at the age of 40. According to the lawsuit, William died because the two doctors failed to diagnose him properly the first time, which would have allowed him to properly protect himself from the second sting and subsequent allergic reaction.

William Hensley’s family believes that he died of insect sting anaphylaxis while mowing his lawn on July 22, 2005. A neighbor discovered Hensley foaming at the mouth and unconscious on his lawn that day, and testified during the trial that she saw bees swarming around his lawnmower. However, when Hensley’s family rushed him to the emergency room that day, the physicians allegedly failed to administer the proper tests to check for an allergic reaction to a bee sting and instead diagnosed William with heat stroke. Luckily, he recovered from that incident, but a month later he was stung again on August 22, 2005, according to his wife. Sadly, he died within an hour of arriving at the hospital at the age of 40. According to the lawsuit, William died because the two doctors failed to diagnose him properly the first time, which would have allowed him to properly protect himself from the second sting and subsequent allergic reaction.

Hensley, a well respected used car salesman and auto repair mechanic in the area, leaves behind a widow and four daughters